Friday, December 09, 2005

More of The Spring Experience

We're passed the midway point of the conference and so far I've been very happy with it. As anticipated, Jay Zimmerman's running the show very much like NFJS shows, which works out great. Laid back - plenty of access to the speakers, etc.

To anyone reading this anywhere in the country other than Miami (and especially you suckers in Wisconsin), I would just like to say: ha ha, ha... ha ha... ha. I hope you're enjoying the weather - I'll be back in a couple days.



A few of my favorite sessions so far...

I've seen a couple of sessions from Rod Johnson. I enjoyed the 'Testing with Spring' session a bit more than the 'Spring Fundamentals' session... where I couldn't help myself and answered the "Knowledge of Subject" line, on the speaker evaluation, with a 1 out of 5. < grin />

I had previously mentioned that I was struggling between whether to attend Matt Raible's TDD session, or Keith Donald's talk on Webflow. I ended up going with the TDD talk. It was the first talk I've seen Matt give and I enjoyed it. The talk centered quite a bit on AppFuse, but did also cover some TDD topics. He also regularly poled the audience on "Who's currently using XYZ" etc for the various frameworks, taking it so far as to completely mold the demo to match what the majority wanted to see - definitely cool.

Justin Gehtland gave a presentation on Spring MVC that may have been my favorite thus far. He did have a bit of an unfair advantage as Spring MVC is something I am quite interested in + have no practical experience with (other than reading about it in Pro Spring).

Want more on what's going on around here?
- I had a previous post
- Craig has a post.
- Colin has a post
- Mr.Raible has some very comprehensive posts going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home